(a) Preparation for the Mass.
Solemnity of Corpus Christi consists of the Mass and Procession of the
Blessed Sacrament. Arrangements for the Mass are to be made as befits
any great solemnity and as far as circumstances permit, i.e., whether
it be a High or Solemn Mass.
(1) THE COLOR OF THE VESTMENTS: This is white and the vestments are to be arranged as usual.
THE ALTARS OF REPOSE: Besides the high altar, two other altars, called
"Altars of Repose," if there be no side altars, should be prepared.
These places should be adorned as befitting the occasion: many flowers,
candles, etc. If the procession takes place immediately after Mass, the
Celebrant wears the cope, divesting at the sedilia.
(b) Preparation for the Procession
1. IN THE SACRISTY.
(1) White cope, stole and surplice for celebrant.
(2) Other vestments will be arranged if necessary, as for Solemn Benediction.
(3) Acolytes' candlesticks with lighted candles.
(4) Altar boys' torches and processional lanterns.
(5) Two thuribles with lighted charcoal and two incense boats.
(6) Processional cross.
(7) White humeral veil.
2. ON THE HIGH ALTAR.
(1) At least 12 lighted candles.
(2) Burse and corporal.
(4) Key of tabernacle.
(5) Book of prayers.
3. AT THE ALTAR OF REPOSE.
(1) These should be decorated as befit the occasion.
(2) A corporal at each altar.
(3) Book of prayers and Bell.
4. IN THE SANCTUARY.
processional canopy (baldacchino) where possible should be in a
convenient place in the sanctuary and, if available, also the
small-sized canopy called "umbraculum" or "ombrellino."
: include(/home/sanctamissa/public_html//p/footer.html): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in
: include(): Failed opening '/home/sanctamissa/public_html//p/footer.html' for inclusion (include_path='.:/opt/cpanel/ea-php56/root/usr/share/pear') in